Help our team support the research and understanding of hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy through our Annual HIE Help Center Scholarship.
As part of the HIE Help Center’s commitment to increasing awareness and understanding of preventable injuries like hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE), we are pleased to announce the HIE Help Center Scholarship. A scholarship for financial assistance in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded each year to an undergraduate or graduate student who is helping people impacted by injuries like HIE. Scholarship recipients may include the following groups of students:
- Medical, nursing or rehabilitative medicine and therapy students
- Students studying special education teaching, policy or law
- Students aspiring to become caregivers or social workers
- Students studying adaptive recreation specialists
- Any other academic pursuit, goal, or experience that relates to neonatal injuries and/or disability
The 2017 scholarship will be awarded to an applicant, group or organization who submits the following required items by July 31, 2017. Funds will be sent directly to the winner’s school.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S citizen or permanent resident
- Not be a past, present or future client of Reiter & Walsh, P.C.
- Be currently enrolled in college or a graduate program
- Have a GPA of at least 2.75
Applicants must submit by July 31, 2017:
- A completed application (click here)
- Academic records
- An essay or creative project about your experience with birth injuries. Examples include videos, photographs with explanations, or any other creative submission you’d like.
The completed application, creative project, and certified transcript should be emailed to:
- [email protected]
- Subject Line: HIE Help Center Scholarship Application [YOUR LAST NAME]
For materials that cannot be sent electronically (such as official transcripts or certain creative projects), applicants may send materials to:
- Genevieve Kotasek
- Attn: HIE Help Center Scholarship
Reiter & Walsh, P.C.
Bloomfield Hills Office
122 Concord Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304