Submissions for HIE Help Center Scholarships are now open.
The scholarship will be open to accept submissions for the 2021 school year beginning on January 1, 2021. Any applications submitted before this period will not be accepted.
HIE Help Center Scholarship for Special Education Students
The HIE Help Center will award one annual scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to an undergraduate or graduate student who is pursuing a career in special education.
Applications are reviewed once a year, with the deadline of July 31st. The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who meets the following requirements.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Cannot be a past, present, or future client of ABC Law Centers (the firm sponsoring the HIE Help Center)
- Be seeking or in the process of completing higher education at an institution in the United States (either as an undergraduate or graduate student) in special education.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application (see below for the form)
- An official academic transcript
- An essay or a creative project about why you are pursuing a career in special education. Examples of creative projects include videos, photographs with explanations, or any other creative submission you’d like. Please keep videos limited to no longer than five minutes.
Please send application materials (listed above) in ONE email to:
- [email protected]
- Use the subject line: HIE Help Center Scholarship for Special Educators [YOUR LAST NAME]
Funds will be sent directly to the winner’s school.