Types of Personal Information Collected
We collect user information in three ways: supplied from user, Web server logs and through cookies. The information is used to enhance the Internet experience and allows us to personalize the information, services and resources. At no time will your information be shared with any third party unless the law requires it.
Personal & Demographic Information
If you complete a contact form on this website, we ask you to provide us with certain kinds of information such as: (1) personal information (like your name, e-mail address, and phone number) and (2) demographic information (such as gender or geographic information). Please do not provide any sensitive or confidential information unless a formal attorney/client relationship has been established.
Information that you provide to us through the contact form or an online chat will be used only for the purpose of responding to your inquiry and for future communications. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) at any time. You will not be contacted by the law firm unless you have opted-in through the use of communication provided via the website (phone, email, online form or chat).
If you have submitted personally identifiable information through our website and would like that information deleted from our records, please contact us and provide us with the requested information. We will use reasonable efforts to delete this information from our existing files.
How personal information is protected
We take certain security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Further, we will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any third parties, except as follows:
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an attorney or firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
How information about you is used
- to determine whether we are able to represent you
- to provide you with information such as electronic newsletters, new service offerings or upcoming events;
- to improve the websites, our marketing endeavors or our service offerings, and to customize your experience on the website (such as serve you specific content that is relevant to you);
Some information submitted to the websites via a “contact us” or other similar function may not receive a response.
Privacy Concerning Children
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy on the internet. We do not use the website to knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 without a parent’s knowledge and consent. If you are a child under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to use the website and should not send any kind of information about yourself to us. In the event that we become aware that we have collected information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you would like to communicate with us or have questions, comments or complaints about this Policy, or the Website, please forward such communication to: HIE Help Center; 122 Concord Road, Bloomfield Hills MI, 48304. You can also email us at email@example.com.