The HIE Help Center will award one annual scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to an undergraduate or graduate student who plans to pursue a career in physical, occupational, or speech therapy.
Applications are reviewed once a year, with the deadline of 5 p.m. [EDT] on July 31st. The scholarship will be awarded to a single applicant who meets the following criteria and has submitted all required application materials outlined below by the deadline.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be seeking or enrolled at an institution of higher education in the United States in physical, occupational, or speech therapy.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Cannot be a past, present, or future client of ABC Law Centers (the firm sponsoring the HIE Help Center)
Applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application
- An academic transcript
- A Project in response to the following prompt:
Why you are pursuing occupational, physical, or speech therapy?
You may choose to submit one of the following as your Project:
- An essay of approximately 500 – 1,000 words. Please use 12 pt. Times New Roman or similar font and double space your work. Also include your last name, page numbers, and the scholarship name in the header. Files must be either PDF format or Microsoft Word compatible.
- A creative project. Examples can include, but are not limited to: photo projects; video or other multimedia presentations (videos not to exceed five minutes); creative writing; or performance pieces.
In order to fill out the scholarship Google form below, please make sure you are signed into your Google account. If you are not signed in, you will not be able to see the application below and submit your form. If you do not have a Google account, you may make a new one. Please note, there is no charge to create a Google account – it is free to everyone. Once you are signed into your account, please follow the instructions on the form below and submit when you are finished. You will receive a copy of your answers.
or fill out the form below:
The $1,000 check will be made payable to the school or program in which the applicant wishes to participate. We also publish a feature piece on the winner, including a short bio of the winning student, their university, and a photo. We also publish the winning essay or creative project if given permission by the winner, although this is not mandatory. You can read these features and past year’s winning entries below!